Nanuet Welcomes Mrs. Hirsch

Sean Nicholson, Reporter

After serving students as a Guidance Counselor in several different districts in Westchester and Rockland, Mrs. Hirsch has now joined the Nanuet High School Guidance Department starting in the fall of 2019. Prior to coming to Nanuet High School, Mrs. Hirsch has guided and helped students in the New Rochelle, Hendrick Hudson, Mamaroneck, and Clarkstown school districts.

Now, she feels as if she has found her permanent home here in Nanuet. She said that Nanuet’s small school atmosphere and immense school spirit has enticed her and made her feel truly welcome in the district.

As a guidance counselor, she has to help and guide students from different grades. She is the counselor for one-fourth of the Nanuet students. Mrs. Hirsch plans to have a personal relationship with each one and help them in their own individual situations and problems. She especially plans to work with seniors through individual sessions to help them with the Common Application for college as well as to help them find a college that will be suitable for them. With all these students to get to know, at times, she says, there is not enough hours in the day to get everything done. However, through working hard and perseverance, she not only gets the job done but she does it well.
As Mrs. Hirsch continues to acclimate to the school, she will continue to build these personal relationships and put down roots here in Nanuet.